What’s the syllabus for the exam? Would it be similar to CLAT?
Hey, the details are available on this link.
Essentially, the written test (NLSAT) will be for 140 marks, of which 75 marks shall be for objective type MCQs, and 65 marks shall be for subjective questions. The interview shall be for 10 marks.
Applicants will be tested on the following in the objective test:
- English comprehension (25 marks)
- Current Affairs (25 marks)
- Critical Reasoning (including logical reasoning and legal aptitude) (25 marks)
The syllabus for the subjective test is as follows:
- Legal Aptitude/Reasoning (50 marks): Legal aptitude will consist of problem-based questions to which short answers will be sought. Prior knowledge of law is not expected. This section will have 10 questions of 5 marks each.
- Current Affairs (15 marks): Current affairs shall consist of one essay of no more than 500 words. Students shall be required to answer one of three options. Applicants will be tested on their knowledge of the issue, the ability to make cogent written arguments and write a well-structured essay. Knowledge of the law is not expected.